Tory Lanez Megan Thee Stallion Kill Shot Case Update
Tory Lanez’s forthcoming trial on a charge of assault with a firearm has been pushed up until the end of the year.
“The allegations are serious and will be thoroughly examined” the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office wrote.
Tory Lanez Bail Increased for Violation.
Lanez is called “defendant” by the D.A.’s office in reference to the assault and weapons charges he faces over the alleged 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion.
Lanez pleaded not guilty last November to assault with a semiautomatic handgun.
He’s currently out on bond and has had his bail increased twice: once for a surprise appearance at Rolling Loud Miami 2021 before Megan performed, and another time for discussing Megan on social media.
He is awaiting a delayed trial.
What exactly happened?
On Tuesday, December 14, 2021, LAPD detective Ryan Stogner testified in court, verifying elements from Megan’s description of the occurrence to the police.
Lanez said “Dance, bitch, dance” as he fired shots at Megan’s feet, injuring her so badly that she “fell on the ground and then crawled” to safety, according to TMZ.
Lanez attempted to pay Megan “to keep her mouth quiet because he was on probation,” Megan told the investigator. Stogner also testified that she first lied about the gunshot, claiming she tripped on glass, out of fear of police aggressively escalating the situation if they were called on Lanez, a Black guy with a pistol in his vehicle.
During the hearing, the court was also shown a phone call from Lanez in prison to the lady who was there at the time of the event, in which he apologised for anything he did while drunk. “How are you going to tell me for what I apologised?” Lanez screamed in the court.
Why did Lanez reportedly shoot Meg?
It remains unknown why Lanez allegedly shot Megan. Megan alleged in the video that Lanez did it for “no reason.”
Is Lanez in even real danger now?
That certainly seems to be the case. Lanez was detained on a charge of concealing a firearm in a vehicle, not for allegedly shooting Megan.
Lanez is now charged with assault with a semiautomatic weapon, personal use of a firearm, and carrying a loaded, unlicensed handgun in a vehicle.
According to prosecutors, he “personally caused significant physical harm.”
Lanez faces up to 22 years and eight months in state prison if convicted as charged.
So Lanez’s legal difficulties have worsened, but the final repercussions will not be known until everything is played out in court.
Lanez pled not guilty to three counts filed against him by the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office on November 18, 2020. Lanez’s life hasn’t exactly been easy since then.
Lanez was shackled and brought into jail at a court appearance on April 5, 2022, for allegedly breaking pretrial orders. For these infractions, Judge David Herriford increased Lanez’s bond to $350,000.
One thought on “Tory Lanez Megan Thee Stallion Kill Shot Case Update”
Pingback: Toddler found dead in stolen car after deadly shooting - Schwiftykick Media